Sony NEX-7N coming in October
Sony is working on a new high-end mirrorless camera, according to a report from Photography Bay. If the blog is to be believed, the NEX-7N will hit the market in October to replace the NEX-7 that was announced almost two years ago.
Recent rumors suggested that the NEX-7N is an upgraded version of the current model but it gains a new 24-megapixel sensor and a lot of improvements. Here's a rumored spec list of the upcoming camera.
- New 24 MP APS-C sensor with 1/2 stop improvement and increased dynamic range
- 3.8 million dot electronic viewfinder (EVF)
- Touch screen
- Hybrid Contrast and Phase Detection AF
- Tri Navi design reviewed
- Improved focus peaking with choice of colors
- No built-in GPS
- Same size and form factor of the current NEX-7 but with a minor design changes
Just a note for those interested: the NEX-7 is one of the best mirrorless cameras available on the market now. It got highest marks from DPView.com and PhotographyBlog. What's more, it was also named the best camera in Camera Grand Prix 2012 under professional catalog.